Kodo Millet Pulao- A Healthy & Flavourful Recipe
Kodo Millet pulao is a delicious and easy one-pot meal that can easily be made a part of a wholesome, nutritious meal.
- Kodo millet - 1 cup
- Chopped carrots, beans, capsicum & peas - 2 cups
- Chopped onion - 1
- Sprig curry leaves - 1
- Ghee or oil - 2 tbsp
- Bay leaves- 2
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water - 2 cups
- Lime Juice- 1 tsp
Coriander-mint paste ingredients:
- Coriander leaves - ¼ cup
- Mint - ¼ cup
- Green chillies - 3
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Chopped onion - 2 tbsp
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Cloves - 2
- Cardamom - 1
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
- Soak the millets in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Grind all the ingredients for the coriander-mint paste till smooth.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker and sauté whole spices. Add curry leaves and onions, and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coriander-mint paste and cook for 2-3 minutes until the raw scent disappears. Add chopped vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
- Now mix the rinsed millet and other ingredients and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Let the pressure release naturally, and then add lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Kodo millet pulao can be served with yogurt or raita for a healthy lunch.